Add as a Friend

Come Holy Spirit I Need You!

Hello to all my friends, relatives, family especially to all the readers of my blogs.

I started my blog by writing Come Holy Spirit because that's what I need now. I don't have good sleep yet since I started commiting myself to support another foundation. That is also applicable because this will be my first time to write my blog in English.

I am one of the founders of recent launched scholarship foundation in the Philippines called 4S (Share A Secret Spread Success). I'm not a type of person who will ask help from my friends for any financial assistance or any help. So what I am doing to invite them indirectly is to write blogs, post pictures and encouraging words on my page almost everyday. And I'm very thankful when someone will respond.

Having scholarship foundation is not easy. You have to ensure that you have enough money to fund all the expenses of the students. (We only have two right now). Also, there are many youths who want to be part of it but we can't say yes because we are not sure if we can afford. Of course, before we commit ourselves we want to make sure that we can support the students until graduation.

These were the thoughts runningg on my mind (as how can I raise our fund) last week. Then one of those days I read about Chase Community Giving. Aha! My problems will be solved! I rushed to go home so I can check the rules and unfortunately I cannot enter our foundation. Since I am FB addict (I can surf the net all day) I decided I will support to any scholarship foundation who will respond first to my offer. I picked different Scholarship Foundations but only The Walter Diez Molina Foundation responded.

I believe Tim Harris was wondering what are my intentions. I said to him, "I just wanted to help. It's up to you if you will accept it or not." "How can you help us?" he said. "I don't have money but I will vote for Walter and invite my friends to get more votes." I responded.

In any foundations, it's not only money (TREASURE) that is needed. We also need (TALENT) and especially (TIME). You might have not money but you are talented in making friends so you can be a bridge to other people who are able to help. You might have time, time to pray for the foundation. So there is no way that one person will say that I don't have something to offer. We are all called, when we will respond...

To continue the story, Tim and Eric accepted my offer. I'm so glad that they are recognizing my effort but I prefer to be in the backstage and not to be praised so the rewards will come from heaven. They also comment to the notes, photos so I believe my Filipino friends feel special too.

I'll tell you what I'm discovering to this new mission of mine... I HAVE LOTS OF FRIENDS! They might not be responding to my 4S invitation (maybe they are thinking it's only money and money is so hard to get) but when I asked them to vote for this foundation it was so easy for them to do it. I always get answer from them "Ikaw pa! Malakas ka sa akin e." (Of course, that's a simple request and I will do that for you) kaloka ung translation. pagbiyan niyo na. I really feel that I am very blessed.

I also discovered that I have different types of friends. In this particular case, some will say yes I will help and will vote for Walter. And some will say yes, will vote for Walter and will invite their other friends to vote as well.

I also noticed that people who was touched by the mission and vision of foundation will not just vote for the Foundation but will do their best to get more votes.

Walter Diez Molina Foundation is also new foundation. Like me, Eric Knowlton is helping some students but in order to support more he came up to an idea to have foundation so many students will be supported. This Community Giving is an excellent opportunity to help this foundation to have additional $20,000.00 or even $100,000.00 fund. All we need to put in is our TIME and TALENT.

It's so easy to give A vote and it really feels good. And it's even better if you will give A vote and get MORE votes through your friends.

I have approximately 500 friends on Facebook. I just checked my friend's friends and he's got 650 friends. Do you know how many common friends do we have? Just 50! How about my other friends' friends...

As I always say, this is not just winning. It's about spreading the good news that we all have something to give to others and we can all be source of inspiration.

Please support Eric, support Tim, support Walter, support The Walter Diez Molina Foundation.
Voting Walter seems small act but will create a big impact. Small Act. Big Impact (by Tim Harris)

Before I end this, do you know that while I'm helping this foundation, my friends in the Philippines are helping 4S. We've got more sponsors through her/them. 4S is becoming richer while Walter is getting many votes, through the people who have good hearts. It is true... It is working that... "Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap." – Luke 6:37-38

It's 345 now, can we make it to 3,450? To all Colombians, please bear my English. I tried my best so you can understand.

God bless everyone!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ang BASWIT ni Bien!

Another bonus blog - Pag-ey-blog